Hello, Subnauts! A new update has just been released for Subnautica: Below Zero on the Steam, Epic, and Discord stores. Though this is not a major Early Access update (consider it a half-way mark between Relics of the Past and our next major update!), it does contain a ton of bug fixes, optimizations, and polish to the world.
Hopefully, this update will serve as a hold-over through the holiday season and make your Early Access experience that little bit more polished!
Here are all the changes included in this update:
- Complete encyclopedia, tooltips, names, descriptions and PDA text.
- Streaming and memory optimizations (Unity Addressables, octree pruning, etc)
- Art performance optimizations (material and mesh complexity reductions, LODs, culling, VFX optimizations)
- Story presentation improvements and databank organization
- Final soundtrack with updated music manager
- Improved Creative Mode
- Added weather quality option
- Updated early game immersive training
- Updated Robin / player model
- Tons of bug-fixes and general polish (collision, materials, loot, spawns, model fixes, anim blending fixes, z-fighting fixes, base ghosts and construction issues, missing effects, etc)
Follow Below Zero development
You can find out about upcoming updates in all sorts of ways. Sign up to the Development Newsletter to receive word every time an update is released. Join the Unknown Worlds and Subnautica: Below Zero Steam groups to get a notification on Steam. You can also:
- See update sneak peeks by following @Subnautica
- Get live source code changes by following @SubnauticaSCM
- See update news on Facebook
- Watch update summary videos on YouTube
- Satisfy underwater Instagram craving by following @Subnautica
- See our task lists & milestones on Favro
- Chat with fellow divers in the Subnautica Discord server
Enjoy, and happy diving!