We’re thrilled to release an update today for Subnautica on Steam to improve compatibility with the Steam Deck.
You’ll notice that Subnautica is now marked as ‘Verified’ on the Steam Store, which means that the game should work seamlessly when you play it on the Steam Deck.
Here are some of the improvements the team made to bring the Steam Deck compatibility update to life!
- Steam SDK upgrade
- Steamworks .NET upgraded to 20.1.0
- Virtual Keyboard support for Steam Big Picture mode
- Fixed wrong controller stick dead zones handling (now should be easier to aim using controller)
- Fixed occasional black screen on game start
- Refactoring, other fixes and UX improvements (mostly related to controllers)