PlayStation divers, we want to thank you for your patience while we got this update ready for you all.
The console team has been hard at work on some long-requested performance related bug fixes and improvements. The delay in shipping this update was due to needing to refactor the save/load system for PlayStation. This refactor should not affect any existing save games. The update may take a few hours to appear across the globe.
Here are all the changes included in this update:
- Save game improvements and logging
- Performance and lots of under-the-hood improvements
- Improved world streaming: You should no longer be able to outrun terrain or fall through the world in a PRAWN suit
- Incremental garbage collection added to help smooth out framerate
- Hardcore mode: Low oxygen will no longer warn you
- Rocket platform physics issues addressed
- Fixed Lifepod ping not staying disabled on game load
- Fixed base pillar bug
- Fixed PRAWN suit stuck in air if built far away
- Fixed quality issue with clouds
- Fixed in-game status messages position to work with all languages
- Fixed in-game menu disappearing after submitting feedback
If you have any feedback or encounter an issue with this update, you can let us know through our in-game feedback or on our forums.
Enjoy, and be sure to follow @SubnauticaPS on Twitter, Subnautica PlayStation on Facebook, and sign up to the PlayStation development newsletter! We’ll let you know as soon as the next Subnautica update is released on PlayStation.