Hi, Playstation divers!
We want to thank you for your patience while we worked on investigating and fixing the issue of save games disappearing on the PS5 versions of Subnautica and Below Zero. As is often the case when working with the save game structure, we wanted to ensure that our potential fix did not unintentionally cause further complications. The fix in this update should now resolve the issue, though it will not recover any save files that corrupted and disappeared prior to this update.
Again, we want to extend a huge thank you to the Playstation community for bringing this issue to our attention, and providing further details on our Discord, via email, and across social media. That feedback was essential to finding a reproducible case and working on finding a fix!
This update is now live for Subnautica and Below Zero on PS5. It may take some time to show up in different regions around the world.
- Fix for screen tearing on 4K displays.
- Vsync for PS5 performance mode.
- Dynamic Resolution support.
Subnautica and Below Zero:
- Fix for save files disappearing
- Saves are now fault-tolerant and should not corrupt on fails
- Screenshots are reduced in quality to avoid consuming save size
- Save process is now optimized into a single step
- Save sizes increased to 96 MiB (with 6 slots enabled)
- Screenshots no longer display desaturated and/or incorrect
If you have any feedback or encounter any ongoing or reoccurring issues with this update, you can let us know through our in-game feedback, or on our Discord.
You can also follow @SubnauticaPS on Twitter, Subnautica PlayStation on Facebook, and sign up for the PlayStation development newsletter for future updates! We’ll let you know as soon as the next Subnautica update is released on PlayStation.