Update 312 Now Live on Steam!
The Halloween event and free weekend went great, but it was not without its issues. Luckily we were able to resolve the issues without needing to do a steam update by using our extension system (these are the Lambda, Delta, and Omega extensions you see when you join a server). We try to limit our use of the extension system to avoid conflicting with mods, and that is the main reason we are patching this week, and why it is a light one. With this maintenance patch we are integrating those fixes into the main game, clearing out the extensions, and attempting to deploy the badge customization UI for the second time. We also realized that not enough people knew about the new shoulder patch that was able to be earned during the Halloween weekend by playing Infested, so we’ve decided to remove the time lock on it, and allow it to be earned at any time through games of Infested.
There are plenty of other exciting features coming down the pipeline, but they are not quite ready.
Our NS2 Roadmap is continuing to be updated as we have been working on our long term goals. https://trello.com/b/njrpasjl/ns2-roadmap
Update 312 Changelog
- Red emergency lights are no more, and have been changed to orange for all seasons
- Removed Halloween player effects (the files are still available for now, so mod away)
Tweaks / Improvements
- Moved player’s badge customization from old Hive website to be in-game via the Customize player menu
- Menu restores hive 1 order at first use.
- Play Now changed to use a different ranking function when trying to join Infested
- Updated description of Pumpkin Patch in new item popup notification
- Updated description of Infested in play now popup
- The Pumpkin Patch is now able to be earned regardless of the season, if you are playing Infested
- Fixed performance issue caused by new badge API due to deprecated code in the status UI
- Fixed that badges were not broadcasted correctly to all connected clients
- Fixed that the badge selection menu did not close correctly
- Fixed incomplete merge of Hive 2 extension
- Fixed issue with progress bar not showing proper values for levels 8 through 14
- Fixed that players were recording the wrong playtime at launch (this is relevant for our data analytics)