Spark SDK (Build 132) Released
We’ve just published a new patch for the Spark SDK. The Spark SDK is the
package which including the level editor, viewer, and model and texture creation tools for Natural Selection 2. This package is available to everyone who has pre-ordered Natural Selection 2.
If you haven’t pre-ordered Natural Selection 2, you can still do so by visiting the pre-order page.
A lot of new features have gone into the editor since our first public release. This week, BreadMan created a new tutorial video to explain how some of these work.
Here’s the list of changes in this patch:
- Added ability to cycle the move/rotate gizmo origin within selection bounds
- Added the mapping guidelines and Editor documentation to the Launch Pad
- Added an option to display the model’s bounding box in the Viewer
- Added a "placeable" flag for entity descriptions to the editor_setup file which determines if the entity can be placed with the Create Entity tool
- Added a sound browser for selecting entity sound properties
- Added refinery_trim_25 material
- Added generic_bench_01_blue model
- Added generic_bench_01_grey model
- Added generic_bench_01_red model
- Added generic_table_01 model
- Improved the performance of distant shadow casting point lights
- Improved the performance when deleting many elements in the Editor
- Improved stability of the properties window for the Select tool
- Fixed bug where hitting Ctrl+Z after editing a field in the Select tool’s window wouldn’t undo it
- Changed links to open in the default browser in the Launch Pad
- Fixed bug where the registration key would not be remembered on some computers running Windows Vista
- Fixed crash when the a level contained a degenerate face with no edges
- Fixed bug where level textures were not rendered with mip-map blending
If you’ve already installed the Spark SDK, it will automatically detect the update and give you the option to install when the editor is launched. If you haven’t installed the Spark SDK before, use the link below to download the installer.
Note that in order to run the tools in the SDK you will need your game key.
Download ns2_setup.exe (360.3M)