NS2 Build 208
Posted by unknownworlds 12 years ago
NS2 Build 208 is now live on Steam!
Alien Commander love
- Fixing the alien commander economy so the player must make a trade-off between attacking, expanding and teching up.
- Cysts and Drifters cost energy
- Hives don’t start with any Drifters
- Tweaked Hive, Harvester, upgrade structures, hydra and egg maturation times (generally shorter)
- Reduced cyst connection range somewhat
- Increased Drifter move speed to make them feasible near combat
- Hives can be dropped without needing infestation (to allow fast expansion)
- Added Enzyme Cloud – a new Drifter ability which allows the Commander to cast a cloud into battle which speeds up the rate of fire for all aliens inside it
- Simplified alien commander UI
- Think I overcompensated with mature harvester health (now it’s +10% instead of +20%)
- Bumped up harvester and Hive health to be closer to NS1.
- Changed Bile Bomb damage to 55 and increased splash damage radius to 6.
- Reduced energy cost for Gorge abilities to make him more responsive and interesting.
- Improved Gorge bellyslide
- Removed mini-cysts because they were confusing and redundant with regular Cysts (they also tended to break cyst chains when the Gorge died)
- Nutrient mist now affects single target
- Gorges can now build structures off infestation
- The outgoing voice volume is louder.
- Updated Drifter tooltip text.
- Reduced player FOV used to detect other players for the minimap.
- Touching enemy cloaked unit will now uncloak them.
- Med/ammo packs cost now Command Station energy.
- Unbuilt structures start now with an armor fraction (was health fraction only before)
- Increased jetpack maneuverability and removed backwards flying penalty.
- The Axe will now show a crosshair hit indicator.
- Cysts / Hives generate now infestation on walls and ceilings.
- Shade cloak is now a passive ability and requires no energy.
- Players can no longer get cloaked by shades.
- Ammo/med packs cost now armory energy.
- Gorge structures won’t die anymore when the owner Gorge enters the Hive.
- Infestation does not grant LOS anymore (won’t generate Hive sight / minimap blips)
- Decreased ‘randomness’ of Shotgun. (predefined bullet spread pattern that rotates randomly around the players view axis)
- Smoothed out skulk movement (removed hyper responsiveness when landing on ground, changed sticky force to depend on wall normal)
- The health will no longer display on the Welder for unsocketed Power Points.
- Fixed bug where key the backward and right keybindings would be correct when first running the game.
- Make sure LeaveMenu is called when exiting out of the main menu.
- Properly deactivate and activate mods when updating them. Fixed refreshing of the mod list so that it refreshes the list of all subscribed mods as well as all downloaded-but-not-subscribed mods.
- Fixed bug where unpack was called on a table with holes when notifying the Marine of new upgrades (can lead to unpredictable results)
- Fixed memory leak when removing a source from the file system.
- Fixed a rare bug where sometimes an Alien player would not be able to spawn after a Hive was killed.
- Fixed problem were ARC continues charge up effect after losing LOS.
- Added shade minimap icon.
- Fixed bug where spectator camera flips when looking straight up/down.
- Raised arc splash damage origin a bit to fix problems with tiny ledges at the ground.
- Command Stations show now correctly a range indicator when you attempt to drop an infantry portal.
- Fixed bug that allowed you to use shadow step while stabbing.
- Disabled jetpack smoke trail effects for the local player which were causing FPS problems.
- Fixed bug where nano shield/construct trigger sounds where played at the Command Station instead of target position.
- Fixed initial infantry portal floating.
- Fixed crash when calling RenderMaterial.GetLayer with an invalid index (now generates a script error)
- Fixed bug which allowed you to place mines on clogs.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Fade to occasionally get stuck when blinking.
- Fixed a bug which allowed you to drop a Command Station on an infested techpoint.
- Fixed issue where hot loading script would cause errors due to mixins being recreated.
- Fixed bug where blend times for the animation graph did not take into account the speed of the animation.
- Fixed potential crash bug when sending strings as part of network messages.
- Fixed crash when a font couldn’t be rendered due to the system being out of video memory.
- Various crashes related to collision objects being destroyed.
- Fixed bug where nutrient mist was not correctly affecting researches.
- Reduced network traffic regarding minimap blips.
- Improved spit effect.
- Sped up heal spray by 34% to make more responsive (adjusted energy cost and healing correspondingly)
- Fixing the Alien Commander economy so the player must make a trade-off between attacking, expanding and teching up.
- Marine way point lines are now color coded (red: attack, green: defend)
- Reduced the number of times pose parameters were updated for a model.
- Reduced the overhead of accessing a member variable from script.
- Reduced the amount of animation code that is executed on the Client.
- Decreased amount of bandwidth needed for each player a bit.
- Disable PhysX visualization unless debug draw enabled.
- Fixed issue where materials in the Viewer did not properly receive the time parameter.
- Fixed hot loading in the Viewer.
- Fixed crash when Undoing a Copy and Paste operation in the Editor.
- Added the ability to speed up an animation in a model_compile file by including speed <number> after the animation name.
- Added a simple implementation of GetRandomPointsWithinRadius in Pathing code.
- Hive rooms now have an alien rainforest sound in them.
- Extended the distance you can hear active Extractors
- Hooked up various MAC sounds.