Build 234 is now live on Steam!
Posted by unknownworlds 10 years ago
Our seventh post launch update is now live! It includes some fairly aggressive redecoration of all Ready-Rooms. Ho-ho-ho!
- Improved Favorites functionality in the server browser. Favorites are now displayed at the top of the list by default and will refresh much faster.
- New graphics option for particle quality – if you experience low frame rate during combat-heavy scenarios, keep this at LOW (the default).
- Changed .polygons files for particle materials to only be loaded once.
- Streamlined access of the material polygons for particle systems.
- Diabled IP and JP knockback until a better method of applying those has been implemented.
- Moved the spectator follow camera closer to the followed player.
- Added time out to Stomp per Marine, to prevent animations going crazy and Onos being able to disable a Marine permanently when next to a shift.
- Easier application of Fade vortex.
- Added prop_dynamic_animator entity used to affect animation state on dynamic props based off messages received from other entities.
- Increased the size of the handles on the resize gizmo to make it more clear they are handles.
- Added the ability to select between global space and local space for the move and rotate tools.
- Vertex Welding should be much faster now. Only triangulating affected faces.
- Added Button Emitter entity to the Editor. This can be setup to emit messages into the world to start a sound effect for example.
- Huge re-factoring of mesh datastructures – should eliminate a lot of bugs related to crashes/freezes with deleting, welding, etc.
- Props with no model will now show up as red boxes.
- Fixed undo bug with extrusion. Added selection stats on top right of viewport. Added preliminary "check mesh" tool to help trouble shoot levels.
- Fixed low speed when camera accel is on.
- Added shift/alt modifiers for camera speed (works both in accel/normal modes); Fixed subtle undo-bug with weld/merge-face.
- Fixed bug causing the follow camera to not follow players anymore if an Infantry Portal or Egg was destroyed right before the spectating player was going to spawn.
- Added Recycle icon for recycle kill messages.
- Fixed bug where mods would sometimes appear with no name in the mod list.
- Fixed "PhysX: Particle data read not allowed while simulation is running" bug when multi-core rendering was disabled.
- Fixed bug preventing some structures from displaying the hurt effects (smoke, fire, etc)
- Fixed bug where armor / weapon upgrade in Marine HUD is displayed red at the beginning of a round.
- Units behind closed doors wont get revealed on the minimap anymore.
- Fixed cysts not getting uncloaked by observatories.
- Fixed umbra ability not affected by silence upgrade.
- Shifts show now the correct echo radius for Alien Commander.
- Fixed bone wall being visible to Marine Commander without LOS.
- Fixed UI blood effect covering health / energy display at Alien HUD.
- Fixed bug where Alien Commander did not properly unlock abilities for himself.
- Fixed bug where clogs would not fall down anymore when they previously detached from another clog.
- Whip Bombard will no longer damage their owner (Alien Commander)
- Fixed bug where blink continued and was showing the trail effect when the Fade was already dead.
- Fixed recycling ARC Robotics Factory giving back 0 res (uses now the amount of robotic factory + upgrade cost)
- Fixed bug where structures were allowed to perform actions which would be allowed only under specific circumstances (like building ARCs at unupgraded robotics factories)
- Fixed Client error caused by the Flamethrower shoot sound effect.
- Fixed bug causing loss of resources while spamming build MAC commands at the Robotics Factory.
- Fixed exploit allowing a cloaked Alien to run at full speed if they were holding down the jump button.
- Special characters such as new line no longer allowed in player names.
- Fixed Builder always starting up in verbose mode.
- Crash when playing an invalid sound effect.
- Changed fog to default to off.
- Fixed bug where mods could not be installed if the operating system’s temporary directory contained UNICODE characters.
- Added the ability to specify which object "zones" are rendered in a particular stage of the pipeline with the zones_mask parameter.
- Added Shared.ReportStatistics function.
- Added compatibility mechanism for handling changes to the SDK.