Here’s the change list that is now entering testing for NS v1.04. The contents are subject to change further, but this will likely be very close to contents of the patch:
– Fixed exploit that allowed aliens to look like marines and fire marine weaponry
– Changed max machine gun ammo to 250 (used to be 300, though it would only display 250)
– Fixed commander weapon exploit (using lastinv). Weapon commands in general (drop, switch, last) won’t work for commanders.
– 3rd party entities are never propagated to client (ie, adminmod_ entities). This could fix an occasional crash (thanks Alfred)
– Moved auto-concession on unfair teams into server variable (mp_autoconcede: if set to greater then 0, then if teams are ever different by this many players, that smaller team loses immediately)
– Dead players can now talk to their teammates in both casual and tourny mode (needed to prevent team from getting an advantage by using external voice program in CAL)
– Fixed problem where ammo could be picked up while holding mines
– Aliens without any hives no longer take damage when the server is in tournament mode
– Add more triggers (for Psychostats and 3rd party program support)
– Added "player built x" (for commander and aliens)
– Added "recycled x"
– Added "started research x"
– Added "cancelled research x"
– Fixed visual problem where advanced armory had weird build circle
– Reduced radius of acid rocket splash from 200 to 165
– Reduced shotgun cost from 20 to 17
– Reduced welder damage from 10 to 7
– Increased cost of infantry portal from 15 to 22
– Increased cost of phase gate from 20 to 25
– Decreased health of phase gate from 3500 to 2000
– Increased scan cost from 1 to 3
– Reduced siege cannon range from 1250 to 1100
– The green circle that appears when the siege cannon is selected by the commander is using the old range, but this will be fixed in v1.1.
– This is the value siege range was for most of our internal playtesting (hence the bast and hera issues that suddenly arrived with v1.0)
– Siege cannon targets now must be sighted to be hit (in view of friendly player or scanned by commander)
– Hives now spawn with full health instead of having to heal up to full health on spawn
– Fix bug where advanced turret factories don’t have full health
– The advanced armory now has 2400 health instead of 1500 (same as regular armory, this is a fixed bug, not a balance change)
– Fixed bug where tournament mode caused some damage to be reduced more then it should be (acid rocket vs. any alien structures)
– Fixed bug where hive would sometimes play wound sound/animation when it got hit but didn’t take damage
– Removed lingering "organic" damage type for acid rocket and spore cloud (fixes bug where acid rocket wasn’t doing damage properly to organic structures)
– Aliens no longer donate their points back to their team resource pool when they leave the team (exploitable)
– Fixed non-visible motion sensor and proximity "blips" (linux only)
– Defense chambers no longer heal themselves